What is yukigassen?
Yukigassen is an organized snowball fight played outdoors that’s big in Japan, and now it’s coming to Saskatoon!
The Play Sask Yukigassen Tournament runs Feb. 3-4, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days, at Victoria Park as part of the PotashCorp WinterShines festival. All teams get a minimum of two games. Players must be 19+.
Early bird pricing until Jan. 5.
All players must wear a helmet and eye protection. We recommend helmets with a full-face shield.
Each match consists of 3 three-minute periods. The first team to win 2 periods wins the match.
To win a period:
- Capture your opponent’s flag, OR
- Eliminate all of your opponent’s players, OR
- Have the most remaining players at the end of the match.
- Each team consists of 7 on-court players, plus subs.
- At least two players must be of the opposite gender.
- The 7 on-court player positions are 4 Forwards and 3 Backcourts
- Forwards can play anywhere in front of their own back line. Forwards may not cross their own back line with either foot.
- Backs can use the whole court.
- Substitutions can only be made between periods, even if there is an injury during the period.