We’re excited to announce that registration is open for our beach dodgeball and outdoor soccer leagues!
Not only did the province hit its milestone 70% of people 30+ vaccinated in order to trigger Step 2 of Saskatchewan’s Re-Opening Roadmap, but the government decided to include outdoor sports in Step 1 of its Re-Opening Roadmap plan! That means outdoor sports can start up again as of May 30, when Step 1 begins.
Beach dodgeball will be starting June 13, and outdoor soccer will be starting June 14 — this is to give you time to put a team together, and to give us time to do all the things we need to do to run a successful season.
Government guidelines currently recommend sports leagues continue to operate under the Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan Sports and Activities Guidelines, so there will still be health and safety measures in place.
Health and safety measures include:
- Players must not play if they’re sick.
- Players should only arrive 5-10 minutes before the game.
- Games will be 40 minutes in length to promote physical distancing and to give staff time to replace and/or disinfect game balls.
- Equipment and water bottles must not be shared.
- No shaking hands or high fives, and keep cheering and whistling to a minimum.
- Spectators must maintain two metres of distance from people not in their household and should remain at least two metres away from team areas.
- For a full list of measures, see our COVID-19 Plan.
There have been some updates to the government’s guidelines since last season: Outdoor sports are no longer required to follow the 50-person mini-league rules, and spectators are now allowed at games provided they remain physically distanced from players and other spectators who are not in their households.
Since we’re no longer required to have mini-leagues, we’re bringing back winner prizes! The top team in the league will get a prize for the season.
If you have any questions about the season, please get in touch.
See you at the game!