To help keep our players safe and healthy, all players must follow the guidelines in our COVID-19 plan. If you have any questions about this plan, please get in touch.
Captains must share this COVID-19 plan with their teammates. Players must follow any guidelines in place from the establishment where games are being held.
Maintain physical distancing:
- Games will be limited to a maximum of 30 people.
- On the bench and when visiting before, during and after games, players must maintain physical distancing with a minimum of two metres of space between individuals.
- At soccer games, staff will place pylons at two-metre intervals along the sidelines as a visual marker for the distance people should keep.
- Games will be 40 minutes in length with 20 minutes between games to promote physical distancing between teams and to give staff and teams time to disinfect equipment.
- Staff will discourage people from gathering.
- Chewing tobacco, sunflower seeds, spitting, sharing beverage containers and other similar behaviours are not permitted.
Sanitize equipment and wash hands frequently:
- Play Sask staff will disinfect equipment before and after each game.
- Players should wash or sanitize their hands before the game, on breaks, at half-time, and after the game.
- Play Sask staff will provide hand sanitizer.
No handshakes, high fives or after-game cheers:
- Congratulatory gestures, such as high fives and handshakes, are not permitted.
- Try to minimize cheering and whistling as much as possible.
- No spectators are allowed at games.
Do not play if you are feeling unwell:
- Players who are sick or symptomatic must not participate. If a player is sick or symptomatic, they should use the Government of Saskatchewan’s online self-assessment tool to help determine if the illness may be COVID-19.
- If a person becomes sick during a game, they should immediately stop participating and
- return home.